Pound Cake Italian Ricotta

 Absolutely DIVINE, moist, thick pound cake.  I combined a few recipes I have collected and think I've finally come up with the perfect one.  Enjoy!
 
yes yes, this photo below is my "baking cupboard" haha, I love having it tidy so I can grab anything at a moments notice.  I do however have a cupboard with cake pop stuff and pretty other things in it too.  I also have BULK lots of flour in a storage bin !
 
Okay, you will need...
 
1 1/2 cups plain flour
2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of unsalted butter melted
1 1/2 cups smooth ricotta (about 450g)
1 1/2 cups of white sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Icing sugar for dusting

 
Turn your oven on to 180oC (350oF).
Grease and flour your chosen cake tin.  I like to use a bundt pan or a ring pan and usually do a couple of little cakes as well for the kiddies to enjoy or my hubby to take to work.
Simply mix everything together until smooth.
 Pour batter into your prepared tins.  Bake for about 15 minutes then turn the heat down to 150oC and keep cooking until lightly golden brown on top and springing back to the touch in the centre.  Remember if you are doing smaller cakes like I do that the little ones will cook sooner than the big one.  So here's the mix in the pans baking away.  Note the tiny little round pan on the bottom shelf...that was my Nana's little cake tin she used to make cakes for my Papa to take to work.  One of my favourite kitchen things. love love love
 Look at that beautiful golden deliciousness
 When almost cool you can tip your cakes out onto a plate.
Sprinkle with icing sugar.  Simply divine.

Comments